Non-Traditional Music Venues You Might Have Missed
I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. Mine was quite with the explosions of fireworks as I visited folks in Georgetown, Texas. It was a beautiful evening with decent fireworks except one thing bugged me. In the distance, over a loud speaker was some lady singing poor cover tunes at Georgetown's annual Fourth of July celebration. And I was asking myself. Why was that not me?
You know there are literally hundreds of gig opportunities in every community. Austin, probably thousands. Most are never heard of. So last week, I went driving around town with my thinking cap on. Here are some ideas I came up with:
This of course was just the beginning. The tough part is taking a press kit down there and bargaining your price. So figure out what your market is. If it's too narrow, make it broader and get to work! Good luck!
- Country clubs in general
- Borders Bookstore
- Barnes & Nobles
- Trianon Coffee House
- Arboretum Shopping Center (there is a grassy knoll area by some cow statues, near Amy's Ice Cream)
- Starbuck's (Misc. locations, depending on who books acts and who doesn't)
- Misc. Benefits (Including Humane Society on Anderson Lane)
- Misc. Wedding Package Organizations (Get them to mention Bards as music)
- Misc. Retirement Communities (i.e. Sun City Georgetown, USAA Towers in San Antonio)
- La Madeline
- Sun Harvest
- Green Pastures (Restaurant)
- Hudson's on the Bend (Upscale Restaurant)
- Texas French Bread (Bakery)
- Half-Price Books (Book Store)
- Scotland's Furniture Store (i.e. Holiday and Sale promotion)
- Grand Openings
- Public Relations Firms
- Private Parties
- Schools (Elementary, High School, College)
- Cruise Lines
Marc Gunn is an actual working Celtic Geek musician. He was nicknamed “The Celtfather” for his incredible support of indie Celtic music and his award-winning Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. He has helped 1000s of musicians make money with their musical groups through The Bards Crier Music Marketing Tips. Now you can get FREE “how-to” music marketing and promotion advice, plus tips on how to sell more CDs when you subscribe today. Subscribe at www.bardscrier.com!
Lack of Education Will Cost Your Band Dearly
Subscribe to The Bards Crier to learn how to successfully promote your unsigned band's music. Your musical success depends on it.
ACT NOW, while it is still FREE!